Saturday, August 30, 2008

wrap: books for a young girl

© amy reed

I've been working with a publisher in London on a possible book project. I thought it would be fun to share a sampling of what will be inside...

This is one of my favorite ways to wrap gifts - a sewn pouch. This particular one contains a book for a reader young or old.

I has some victorianish digital clip art from Dover and some old paper sample books that had some cool textured flysheets in it. I ripped out the sheets and trimmed to 8.5" x 11" and printed the girl... the cat was printed on some backing from another sample book. (re-purpose, re-use!)

First, I sewed (yup - sewed) the girl print to another sheet of similar paper on three sides. Then i carefully stuffed it with the tissue-wrapped book. Taking care not to sew over tissue or book, i stitched the remaining side shut.

Kitty tag was attached with a couple of eyelets and a punch.

No comments: